BolderBoulder Beginner and Intermediate Coaching Program
To encourage new and non-runners to gain the health and strength that they may need to finish the BolderBoulder by either jogging or walking.
- 95% of those who complete the coaching program will successfully complete the BolderBoulder;
- 75% of those completing the coaching program will achieve their time goal.
Head Coach Will Dillard
Four others to be selected
No Charge/Free. Participants must register for the BolderBoulder on their own.
30 maximum (first come, first served)
Must have medical clearance and sign a liability waiver for the training. Persons with disabilities are welcome. Must be 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Encouraged but not required.
Schedule of Sessions
- Orientation Session: Saturday, February 24th at 1:00 PM and Thursday. March 8th at 6:30 PM. Location the East Boulder Recreation Center. Attendance at one session is urged
- In these orientation sessions, coaches will be introduced, training philosophy discussed, basic running or walking safety, essentials for having a great experience, clothing, shoes, etc.
- Coached sessions to build aerobic capacity and strength on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM and Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM. These sessions (3 per week) begin on March 20th and continue for 10 weeks leading up to the BolderBoulder on Monday, May 28th. Locations may vary from week to week, but will be either in Boulder or the Boulder area.